Friday, September 5, 2008

Time to update!!


It's been a little over 1 month since I've updated everyone. I think from now on instead of trying to update once a month (ha!), I'm going to try to do it at least every other week. Maybe that way it won't be so long.

A lot has happened in a month! Scott is no longer a Stay-at-home-daddy. He took his Real Estate State Boards early August and is now a practicing Real Estate Agent!! He's such a people person that this seems to be such a great fit for him - he sure does love it! We're wondering why we didn't think of this sooner!?

I'm now doing the "weekend plan" at the hospital so that means Monday - Friday I'm "classified" as a stay-at-home mom. I absolutely love this schedule!! It's a win-win :-) Now I don't feel so torn to leave Austin to go to work because I get the whole week with him. I also feel that I can now have a set routine rather than working random days. Scott watches Austin on the weekends and on those days Austin visits with Grammie & Grandpa (his parents). Then on Tuesdays or Thursdays Austin and I go visit Nonna & Papa (my parents).

Austin has, of course, changed so much in such a short time frame of ONE MONTH.

He's now sitting up unsupported. He can do so for about 45 min if we let him. He's so content in his pack n' play playing with his toys.



On August 14th he got his first baby tooth!
Then on August 21st he got his second baby tooth!

We also started baby food. He went right to the spoon and LOVES Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Carrots and Bananas. He HATES HATES HATES (did I mention Hates?) peas and he's unsure about mommy's homeade squash. He liked it at first but then refused to eat it once it gave him really bad gas.




He just started to, on the day he turned 6 months, stand up holding onto something. He can't do it long but it's a start!!


Now that Austin is 6 months, we got clearance from his pedi for sunscreen & the pool! Austin was a little apprehensive at first but then started kicking away the whole time! Scott is sure that he's going to be a little fish like he was!





Last week Scott and I took Austin to the Dallas Aquarium. It was such a fun family day!!


We are looking forward to the next month to meet our Sandbox Baby friends! Next week Austin and I are going to the Zoo to meet Melissa and Maya. In October while in Arizona, we are going to meet Loressa, Mia, Danielle and Madison! Can't wait!!

Scott, Austin, my mom and I are going to Mesa to do the Race For The Cure Breast Cancer walk with family. Scott and I are really excited for them to meet Austin. I'm a little nervous about how he's going to react to his first plane ride but we'll see how well he does! We can't wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

Havard Family said...

You'll start to notice him changing so much every month! When they little babies they do things slowly but once they hit that 6 mo mark he's going to start amazing you! :)