Friday, October 10, 2008

State Fair of Texas


For the past 7 years or so, Scott and I go to the State Fair of Texas - mainly for the food (Fletcher's Corn Dogs, fried oreos, fried smores, etc), cars, and oh did I say food?! Well, the past couple of years, we have gone with Scott's parents - this year was no exception. It's a riot to watch Scott and his mom battle it out to see who can eat the most fried foods! This year I was so excited to take Austin to his 1st State Fair!! He did great - loved people watching and seeing all the surroundings. I was happy to report that there were three places for mom's like me to nurse, so I applaud the 'head honchos' on that breakthrough! Anyways, here are a couple of pictures:
Family picture:
Austin with the Scarecrow:
Scott and Austin in dreamland inside a F-350 Lariat:
Austin on a John Deere:
A VERY cool sculpture we came across on the Fairgrounds:
While we were there, we went to the Dallas Aquarium at Fairpark. Austin LOVES seeing fishes:
Scott and I were having fun with Austin inside the Kids Area (Backyard Circus). Here he's being 'eaten' by the Lion and made the best faces:

We met the Borden cow, Elsie, and her calf:

Tired boy:
Then on the way home Austin was hilarious! This is what he was doing as his daddy was driving us home from the fairgrounds!

No comments: