Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's warming up nicely

It's been 'officially' Spring for a few weeks now, but only recently has it been nice enough to be out without worry of a jacket (or in my case, coat). It's been awesome having the windows and doors open to let in the air. In typical boy fashion, Austin's been loving it! I'll leave the backdoor open and he'll go back and forth between the kitchen to his new playground - the deck. Here is a typical baby/toddler pic. Since he had a diaper rash due to teething I wanted his bottom to air out - so outside we went to play for a bit. He of course, LOVED IT! He'll play with the flowers, the bugs, the rocks and of course the toys that "the village" (aka: momma, daddy, Grammie, Grandpa, Nonna, Poppa & friends) has bought him. Just recently did a friend of mine give us their turtle sandbox, so once we figure out the perfect spot to put it, we'll sure to take lots of pics to share.

Also since I'm doing all of my Breast Cancer 3Day trainng during the week, Austin's been in tow. Together we've covered over 68 miles!!! I'm so proud of us. Here are a few of the pictures of my training:



Earlier I said that Austin started walking. Well, he was and then a few days after I opened my big mouth he stopped. For 3 whole weeks, he did nothing but crawl (with an occasional walk here and there but of course, only in his daddy's presence) Finally, the past few days, Austin's done nothing BUT walk. He's so amazing and so fast. He has this look of pure unadultered glee and is so proud of himself. He keeps on laughing while walking. Makes our hearts melt!! I'll definately post some video of it soon.

We've also moved him from the highchair to the big boy chair so that he can be at the table with us for meals.
He still thinks it's a game to throw food on the floor and aggravate his momma, but he does seem to do it less in this chair. Of course, the second I post this, he'll read it then go into an all out food throwing contest with himself.
Here is a picture at a resturant while 'patiently' waiting his food :D

A few weeks ago Austin learned how to climb up on the fireplace, then a few days after that he learned that the fireplace and the dishwasher are pretty much the same height from the floor: AND. . . I also know how to stand. So, if I stand ON the dishwasher:I can get EXACTLY what I want!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh Tanya! This was such an awesome blog post!! The pictures are fantastic. Austin is such a character and SO happy. And I love his nakey pic. Seriously, is there anything cuter than a baby butt. Ok, there probably is, but still. Adorable!

By the way, mad props to you on your 68 miles. WOW!! That is something to be WAY proud of. I bet it makes it that much more fun with Austin "in tow." What a great team you are! Keep up the great work.