Sunday, August 16, 2009

Meeting with friends

Austin and I had the privilege of meeting up with some friends a few weeks ago. Since Melissa and Maya were back in the states to visit family, we decided to get together once again for another meetup. I can't believe it has been almost one FULL year since we last saw them! WOW how time sure does fly by when you're raising children!!

Last September, Melissa and her daughter, Maya, met Austin and I at the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. This year, we met them at Chuck E Cheese and it was so fascinating to watch them interact (or not!) with each other now that they are older. Here are some pictures of last year's visit:

(They look SO tiny! Austin: 6 mo & Maya: 8mo )

Here are a few pictures of this year's visit:


(our favorite picture!)

(Austin: 17 mo & Maya: 19 mo)






It was so much fun watching them interact with each other more than last year's visit - although they did more parallel play than anything! We hope to meet them again at the end of this year when they return for the holidays. I can't wait to see what they'll do next :-)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow, I remember seeing those pictures from your first meetup. Has it really been that long? Geez, where does the time go? They were so adorable though. Looks like they had a lot of fun at Chuck E Cheese. I love that place now that they got rid of the ball pit and it no longer smells like feet in there. hehe

Melissa Davis said...

Oh my gosh! I'm just now seeing this blog. We had sooo much fun with you guys! Can't wait to get together again!