Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Austin Goes To School!!!

Ladies and Gentleman it's time - Austin started Preschool this week!! Scott and I can't believe that Austin is already 1 1/2 years old and therefore old enough to start going to our church's preschool.

He will be going 2 days a week, 5 hours each. He's in the "Monkey Class" with the younger 2 year olds - what?! TWO!? - and together they have a fun filled day! In his class they have:
Morning Activity
Chapel --> his favorite, of course! I've heard from many he is the best at putting his arms in the air praising God!!
Playtime
Craft time
Class time
He also naps there which should be interesting since he's never napped on the floor (on a mat of course) with toys and other children nearby!
On his first day of school, Scott and I walked Austin to his classroom. He was insistent that he carry his own lunchbox but in order to carry his backpack he needed his hands occupied! It's hard to carry that backpack when it is full with his naptime blanket, diapers, change of clothes and notes for the teacher. It's especially hard when that said backpack has ELMO on it! But he did great!

Once we entered his classroom we handed Austin off to his teacher, Miss Patricia, so that he could start coloring (aka occupy his mind) while mommy and daddy leave. We gave Austin our hugs and kisses, waved bye bye and off we went! He did SO great - he waved bye bye back and resumed his coloring LOL!

It'll be interesting to see what he learns throughout his first year at school!! I will of course be blogging about his first firsts so keep reading!! :-)

3 comments:

Nichole said...

What a big boy! Oh how time flies!
Sounds like a fun school for a 2 year old!

Heather said...

What an awesome preschool!! I'm sooo impressed that he did so well. I'm certain that Dakota would have major separation anxiety, but then again, maybe not if I just disappeared. I love all the pictures. You'll have to tell us more about how he does (ie...naps, friends, learning, etc. Thanks for sharing Tanya =)

Rachel Moss said...

Hey, Tanya! I love it that your little man raises his hands to praise God. I am looking forward to the day my Katie Bug does the same!