Thursday, September 17, 2009

School

It's been three full weeks since Austin has started Preschool and so far he loves it! When we drop him off Austin is a little clingy, but once we give him our hugs, kisses and farewells he's usually sad for a few minutes until his amazing teachers gets his mindset towards a day of fun! He is finally starting to warm up to his teacher, Mrs. Patricia and she is just smitten with him. We get a little 'report card' of the day and today had a note at the top that said, "I just LOVE him!!" I mean how can you resist his face!?!? Who wouldn't love him! Scott and I have also heard from numerous people that are up there all day that he is probably the best at knowing how to praise God! Like I've said earlier in a previous post, the whole Preschool as a group has Chapel in the mornings. According to the Preschool director, the Youth Minister (who checks on him thoughout the day, Thanks Richard!) as well as his teachers and other teachers from different class levels, Austin is always raising his arms up and singing his praises for God! One day I must get this on video or at least on camera.

Each month the kids in his class learn many things. for the whole month of Septemeber their theme is "Apple" and the concept they will learn is "IN/OUT". They are also going to tackle learning the colors Green & Brown as well as the shape of a Triangle. They have loads to learn but it helps knowing what to focus on when he's at home. :-) They are also awarded stickers when they have mastered a skill.

So far he has mastered:
- Listening
- Being Happy
- Sharing
- Having a Good Self Image
- Respecting Others

He's still working on:
- Learning his colors of the month
- Learning all about Triangles
- Learning the concept: In/Out

I'm so happy at the progress he has made. We have much to work on this month but in time he'll get there. He understands "In & Out" when you ask him to put a toy IN or OUT his basket, but he doesn't do it every time and of course can't verbalize those words yet.

Scott and I are so proud of Austin! Three weeks and he's learning so much. Every time we pick him up from school he has a smile on his face which just melts our hearts! Once we gather his things, Austin happily waves and says, "Bye Bye" to his teacher and peers (haha) Today was the first time he gave his teacher a hug before we left! So sweet!!!

So what am I doing with my free time you ask?!?! Haha, free time, who are we kidding?! On Tuesdays Scott takes Austin to school so that my mom and I can do our long mileage days that day. We wake up at 5:30am to start our training at 6am and usually walk until about 10 to 10:30. So no sleeping in for me! Then I come home and do housework before it's time for pickup. On Thursdays, I'm finishing up with housework or Scott and I will do our "date day" since it is easier on us rather than doing a "date night".

I can't wait to see what's in store for us next month at Preschool. We have so much to look forward to!

No comments: