Friday, February 12, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It SNOW!!!

February 11, 2010 is forever known as the day that D/FW broke the all-time record of snowfall in a 24 hr period.  Collectively on February 11th (Thursday) and February 12th, we personally got 13 inches of snow!!  I have lived in Texas since I was born and I have never ever ever seen this much snow, or even a fraction of it.  This snow was the good fluffy kind too where it was ideal for snowmen and snowball fights.  :-)  Of course the roads were hazardous and every 5 minutes for a few days straight (starting Wednesday through Friday morning) the weathermen would bring us "Breaking News" about our winter wonderland outside and the effects it was having on the roads.  I'm SO thankful that I work weekends only and that the snow was falling on Thursday and Friday.  Although Friday and Saturday still had plenty of ice patches, it was tolerable!

As I went to bed Wednesday evening, the weathermen forcasted that we'd get 2-3 in of snow.  I didn't put too much thought into as the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a few minutes"  Although it's a tad bit of exaggeration, it's pretty accurate - that and our weathermen (and women!) are wrong more often than they are right LOL!  So when I awoke Thursday morning I opened the miniblinds to see a winter wonderland!  I was SO giddy.  It wasn't but a few inches at this time, by my inaccurate eye, but the snow was still falling in big flurries pretty heavily.  I've never (ever ever) seen snow fall that much and that hard at once.  I was absolutely shoked to hear that Scott's college classes as well as Austin's Preschool class was still a GO!  I really was looking forward to Austin going to his preschool class today because it was his 1st Preschool Valentines' Day Party and I didn't want him to miss out!!  :-)  After bundling up, Scott and Austin went on their way to school while I watched the news and enjoyed the beautiful scenery taking place outside my window.  What a beautiful gift from God!!  I don't think it's ever snowed this many days EVER in Texas in one winter, so again I thank Patrick for whispering to the angels to send us a beautiful winter.  (Remember our Christmas Eve/Day "present" from him: Snow on Christmas morning!) 

After school was over, Scott, Austin and I relaxed the whole day watching TV, playing and getting some snow time in.  Austin was possibly getting sick (runny nose, sneezing, coughing, cranky, etc) so I didn't have him outside for too long.  Here are some pictures of Thursday:
This was taken Thursday morning at 9am.  At this time there was 4 inches on the ground.
Scott pushing the snow off of a ledge.  Abby was trying to eat it and Austin was cracking up laughing. 
On Friday, we again stayed inside and vegged.  Although I was enjoying vegging out, Scott was getting a bit stir crazy.  He HATES being cooped up (But Trust me, on Sat he went anywhere and everywhere.  Guess he made up for lost time LOL!!)  We did bundle Austin up again and treked around outside.  Here are some pictures of Friday where we rec'd the tail end of the snowfall.  Again total we rec'd 13 inches!!! 

This was our house Friday afternoon!!
We couldn't figure out where the street began and the lawn ended!!  Curb Check!!!!
Abby LOVED the snow!  Shocking since the Princess doesn't like to get her feet wet when it rains LOL
Putting Austin down in the snow to see where it falls on him (Just right above his kneecap!)
"Okay Momma, GET ME OUT!!!!"
Breathtaking!
Our Family  <3

3 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Cute family pic!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Love it!!

Heather said...

You guys are so lucky!! It looks like you guys, including Abby, had a great time in the snow. And I loooove the family picture of you guys. What a beautiful family!! ;)