Friday, March 26, 2010

Country Critters

Austin and I went to a playdate with my Mom's and Kids group on Friday to Country Critters  I belong to two mom and kids groups and both of the groups have gone to this place a few times.  Unfortunately Austin and I haven't been able to make them for one reason or another so I was excited to see it on the calendar for a day that we could actually attend!  Although I knew it was going to be a muddy mess since it's been raining like cats and dogs lately I didn't care. 

I love it because it's a place for the kids to do fun things all outside!  We've been craving sunshine so today was definately a perfect day for this!  They had a "choo hooo" playarea that Austin thoroughly enjoyed.  He kept going, "Chooo Chooo"  LOL
After playing all over the choo choo we then went to the pony ride area.  I remember last fall at our local Fall Festival of Austin riding a horse and Scott telling me he enjoyed it.  So I couldn't wait.  Apparently Austin had other plans and wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with the cute pony.  Oh well so we headed to another area.  Up next (they had us go in a certain order since there were other mom's groups there) was the petting zoo.  There Austin got to brush a couple of lambs.  He wanted nothing to do with feeding them hay.
Gotta Sanitize!!
After the petting zoo half of our group went on a "hayride" while the other half went on a "train ride".  Here is Austin on the "train".  He LOVED it!
Then we went on a "hayride" - I put this in quotes because normally there is hay inside.  There wasn't any this time due to the heavy amounts of rain we had.   Halfway through our trip through the place we got stuck in some deep mud pockets.  The farm tractor couldn't even get us out so the guy gave up and brought out his 4x4 Duley truck
Truck pulling the tractor pulling the trailor.  LOL!!! 
This is how we finished the trip
Afterwards we went on the Bounce house and by that time it was time to go.  The rest of the group went oo the Easter Bunny Rabbit Trail but we needed to leave to meet up with DaDa. 

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh cute!! I'm going to check that place out! Sounds like FUN!