Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!

Last Friday Austin and I went to the Fort Worth Zoo for some spring time fun.  It's been a l-o-n-g winter here in Texas, which is very unusual, and we are finally getting a day here and a day there of gorgeous sunshine.  Although it was a tad windy, that didn't stop us - and about 1/2 the population LOL - to venture out to the Fort Worth Zoo. 
On our way to the zoo.  "Mr. Cool!"
The day started off cool (mid-high 60's) but then by the end of the day it was warm (in the mid 70's) so it was a perfect day for it.  I don't think I'll ever go to the zoo with just Austin and I again.  The poor guy kept looking at me going, "I waaa" (I walk?) and after I tell him no since I couldn't keep up with him running free plus the stroller he'd then look at me, pucker his lower lip out and then go "Peas?!?"  Broke my heart!!!  But it was very cute!  A few times I did let him run free as I parked the stroller in a safe location, but for the most part we cruised the zoo scene checking out all the animals. 
We also went into the Bird Habitat.  It's a great place for the parents and kids to feed the birds.  I for one am a chicken when I go in there.  I think it's WAY cool but don't like it when numerous birds are flocking towards me wanting to land on my hand/arm to feed.  No way!!  Reminds me of "Birds" somehow LOL!!  So lets just say I kept dropping my stick and acting all 'girly' . . .  very embarrasing!  Austin, of course, loves going in there.  He loves watching the birds and he's getting better at holding the stick up for the birds to eat off of.  Although every once in a while he'll wave it right in his face and sorry but that freaks his momma out. . . thinking a bird landing or pecking at his beautiful face.  NO way!  So I show him how to hold it and he does a great job!
Checking out the penguins.
Bald Eagle - breathtaking!

At the Texas Depo you can get a 1-way, round-trip or All day pass to ride the Texas Train while goes through the zoo.  Since Austin loves his chooo chooo's we paid for the All Day pass and it was the best money spent!  I think we rode that train at least 5 times!!!  It was nice that we didn't have to load/unload everytime we got to a stop.  All we had to do was flash our wristbands and stay seated.  Here are some pictures of us on the Chooo Choooo


Checking out the flamingos - momma's fav.
Austin eagerly awaiting for more people to load the train.  He think's
 if he climbs over to the next seating area it'll move LOL
More pictures of Mr. Cool!!  I swear his alter ego comes out when he puts on his sunglasses all by himself.  He also must insist that his hoodie stays ON his head.  What a personality!! 

Thumbs Up Dude!

Here is Austin as we head home after a long day at the zoo.  Notice the happy meal phone.  He was babbling in Russian telling someone (?) all about our fun day.

We had such a great Momma/ Son adventure. I can't wait for more warm weather to do it again. I know next month we are going back, as we are planning another SBB Meetup!! I can't wait to see them again!!

3 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Austin looks like he is just full of personality!
I also am not a fan of the bird cage. When we went to the zoo, I let Jer take Katelyn and our Little Brother in there while I guarded the stroller outside.

Emily said...

Fun! You need a fold up umbrella stroller you can carry over your shoulder, mine has a carrying strap! You are super mom taking Austin on all of these adventures! :)

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Emily we do have a fold-up umbrella stroller but prefer the 'caddy' since it has more room for storage as well as a tray for his water and any snacks. I know it'd be better to bring the small stroller but just can't. . . LOL