Thursday, September 2, 2010

School's in Session

Like I mentioned in the previous post, Austin's first day of School was today.  Today was his 2nd year at the preschool and he would be in the 2 1/2 - 3 yr old class.  To celebrate this special day, we had a yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls and milk (coffee's in MY cup!)

"Cheers!!"


After breakfast, we headed off in the clothing that Scott/Daddy selected!  He looked so handsome and grown up. 

In true Austin fashion, he clung to me like an octopus and literally had to be pulled off of me by the teacher!  He wasn't crying hysterically, but was whining a bit.  However, within 5 seconds of me leaving, he was playing with the other 3 kids and his teacher having a blast!  Whew.

At 2pm when School was over, I went to go pick him up and he didn't want to leave!  What an awesome sight to see.  I knew right then that Austin had a blast on his first day and all the changes were for the good.  He even gave his teacher, Mrs. Shannon, a hug before we left without anyone asking him too.  Such a sweetie!!

Of course, here's his backback and lunch box.  We had to go get a bigger backpack to put all of his stuff in so it's the 'normal' size vs. toddler size

Backpack!
Lunchbox



2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

I didn't know that Austin was clingy to you, too. Katie Bug can be the same way.
I thought of Austin to day when I bought a "Cars" book for my classroom library at Half Price Books. I'm sure he would love it.
I also found out to day that one of my friends is in your Mansfield Moms group. Her name is Kelly and her little boy is Cooper.

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Yes Austin is clingy whenever he thinks we're going to leave him - even though he knows he's going to have fun he clings. Once we're out of sight he's good to go LOL

I've yet to meet Kelly but can't wait to meet her