Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our California Adventure: Tuesday

On Tuesday, after waking up to a beautiful day, Scott, Austin, Carolyn and I headed over to Cypress to visit my Dad's side of the family.  This was the #1 reason (with Disney being a close 2nd) for the trip.  There are so many family members I haven't seen in years, and most (minus my Aunt Chris & Amber) have never meet my husband, much less my son!  It's pretty safe to say that it has been YEARS since I've seen the Lutz side and sadly, after talking to my Aunt Cathy, we realized I have not seen my cousin Brian since I was 5.  FIVE people!  How pathetic is that?!  :( 

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed everyone's company.  Unfortunately we could only spend 1/2 a day with them (10-2:30) and it went by so quickly!  I loved seeing this side of my family and wish I was living closer to them. . . if only Texas was closer to California?   
Austin LOVED hanging out with Ez! 
My cousin, Amber! 
My Nana! (Dad's mom) 
Cousins: Yvette, Amber & I 
Carolyn and my Nana correspond via letters (the paper kind LOL) frequently, so it was great getting a chance to have my Mother-in-law meet my Nana in person! 
FINALLY meeting Scott! 
I have known Scott for almost 12 years & they have never met. 
 I wasn't kidding when I said it's been a while since I've seen my California family!
Brian, Amber, me & Yvette 
GROUP PHOTO!! 
XOXOXO 
Goober, Austin finally warmed up to his Great-Nana 10 minutes before we had to leave. He loved when she'd tickle his neck.   
Typical Lutz picture ---> GOOBER CENTRAL! 

Later on that evening, I met up with a friend of mine and her family for the first time.  Heather and I have been on-line friends since May 2008 when we met up on an online site for mom's who had kids born in February 2008.  Her Daughter, "D", was born two weeks prior to Austin and we've gotten to be close friends throughout the years.  Meeting her for the first time IN PERSON felt like we've already been past that 'awkward first meetup' hurdle!  I/we felt like we've been in real life friends forever and we all had a blast having dinner and enjoying each others' company!
Her daughter, D, hammin' it up for the camera!  What a sweetheart she is! 
Austin playing with the truck she so sweetly brought him.  XOXOX 
Silly bugs being Dinosaurs! 
Pretty much how the evening went.  D loving on Austin, Austin afraid of girl cooties!  
Wish we lived closer!  I literally could talk to Heather for hours on end.  She's the best friend I have that lives too far away . . .  
This awesome Rep gave Austin this football he is carrying after Austin spots him across the walkway while we were eating.  He saw this Rep with tons of footballs and yells, "HI" and starts waving like mad.  LOL  So thankful the Rep was nice and passed along this football!  He LOVED it!
We have one of these in TX and Scott's always wanted to do it (I did too secretly).  We were excited to find out they would let adults on this one - the one in TX you have to be like under 110 lbs to 'ride.  Scott, Heather & I had a blast acting like human rodents LOL
Love my California Friend!
So grateful we finally got to meet in person even if it was for a few hours.

After a busy day, we headed 'home' and met up with Aunt Melody, Nicholas & Samantha - who stayed right next door to us in their very own Kids' Suite!  After visiting for a bit, we crashed in preperation for Wednesdays day of fun at Disneyland! 

No comments: