Monday, October 10, 2011

Cookies & Firetrucks!



Last week our moms group had our twice a year visit to the Mansfield Fire Station #1.  These firemen have been so generous to host this event with 15+ kids running around and we are so thankful!  I'm excited I was actually off of work that day so we could go.  There were so many moms/kids that wanted to come that our organizer had to divide us up into 2 different days! 

As a thank you, we bring something for them to show our appreciation.  Austin and I made Brownie Crackle Cookies the night before.  They are so delish and super easy to make!
1)  Start with Brownie mix
 2) Pour in 1 cup of flour
 3) Add 1/2 cup water, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup of veg. oil & MIX well
 4) Mix in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chip cookies
5) Refrain from eating the yummy mix before cooking  :-)
 Yea, I caught you!
6) Place powdered sugar in bowl and drop dough by tablespoons. Roll to coat 
7) Place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes 
8) Remove to wire racks to cool

THAT'S IT!!
Then on the following day, we headed over to Mansfield's Fire Station #1 and waited on our group.  Since we were in the 2nd group, I was assigned to be the host so we needed to be there early to greet all the moms/kids.  Once everyone arrived, we were taken on the tour.

His FAV. spot on the fire engine!

One of the moms told me to try on the jacket after we commented on how heavy the helmet was.  The fireman mentioned I should put it all on - breathing pack and all!  WOW!   HEAVY!!! 
However, I think Austin was V-E-R-Y embarrassed!  He backed up and wouldn't look me in the eye.  LOL  Afterwards he said I was momma NOT a fireman.  :-) 
Getting his hononary fireman helmet 


We can't wait again for spring when we go again!

No comments: