Monday, March 4, 2013

Austin's 5 year wellness check

HAHA  Yea I did say I would update frequently but honestly the thought of telling you all the fun and even mundane stuff we did in 2012 intimitaded me. . .so I'm starting from scratch.  Later on I will post a few pictures of Austin's 5 year birthday visit to Great Wolf Lodge, but right now I'm going to tell you about Austin's 5 year wellness visit. 

I love these wellness visits - yes, even the ones that require vaccines - as it's confirmation that we are doing something right!  It doesn't matter if he's 2 months old, 2 years old or now FIVE, hearing from the nurse & doctor, who we ADORE, that we are all on the right track is music to my ears!!!

It's interesting to go to these appointments because it's no longer about the parent.  We are now just spectators watching the dialog between Austin and his nurse/Dr.  It makes me smile that he's now an independent, growing lil boy answering all sorts of questions on his own. 

Here are his stats:

Height: 43 1/8 in (50%) -- staying steady there
Weight: 37.8 lbs (10$%) -- again staying steady on his growth chart

It's funny.  Before he was walking, he was 90th in weight and 10% in height and I'd joke that he was round and short.  Now he's tall and lanky!

He passed his eye chart and both eyes are 20/30.  Blood pressure: 88/58 with a pulse of 92. 

He doesn't get an more immunizations until he's 12, so Austin was excited to hear about that.  HaHa

Checking his eyes

Waiting on Dr. Towns




2 comments:

Erika said...

They are growing up way too fast!! I wish we still lived in OKC so we could come visit and get the boys together again!

Short Haircuts said...

just checked the lovely haircuts for the teenage boys
https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/boy-haircuts/