Friday, June 12, 2009

Sandbox Zoo Meetup

Back in July 2007 when I found out I was expecting a friend of mine recommended that I join the What To Expect website. On that site there are loads of helpful information as well as message boards for all the questions, fears, and just listening to us complain about the normal pregnancy aliments. Mainly it's just to share your pregnancy experience with others who are due the same month as you. So I joined and became part of the "WTE: FEB 08" group. In doing that, I have gotten to know MANY women and after talking to some select few for months and months through our pregnancy experience, we formed our own webpage titled: SandBox Babies. Since then I have come to know so much about these amazing women who have bascially became mothers the same time I did. We would share everything together (and I mean everything from the mundane to the TMI - too much information) in the past 23 months. Since our little ones births we have seen them go from being newborn"blobs" to being personality filled toddlers.

Some live near each other and others live states away from their nearest "Sandbox Momma" but if it's possible, we have tried to meet up with each other. I had that opprotunity last year when I met up with Melissa and Maya before they left to move to Germany. This time I had the opportunity to meet up with "Fancy" & her son, Jackson, who are also from Texas as well as Mary & her daughter, Aria (Plus her hubby Dave came along!). We went to the Fort Worth Zoo and here are the photos of our day together:

Mary & Aria (13 mo), Me & Austin (15 mo), Fancy & Jackson (15 mo)

Austin and Jackson warming up to each other:

I gave the boys fig newtons for a snack. Austin loves them but Jackson obviously didn't seem to care for them so he gave it to Austin. So sweet!


"Hey friend, guess what!?!"


"You gotta check that out! It's SO cool!"

The 2 boys found a cute elephant statue. Monkey boy (aka Jackson) wanted to climb it of course while Austin watched, then tried to escape!

They loved looking at various zoo animals and were especially fascinated by the giraffes!











When we went to the "Birds of Paradise" exibit where you can feed the birds, we let our little wild animals run free. It was enclosed so they couldn't escape and they loved it!!






















We also rode the zoo train which was a new experience for both Austin & Aria. Jackson was the experienced one of the bunch.

And this picture was the funniest one of the bunch. Miss Aria is scooping out the place while the boys are fast asleep.

Overall it was an awesome day meeting up with friends that I know so much about yet haven't officially met in person. It was such a blast to get together with these ladies (& Dave, Mary's hubby). We are hoping for more meetups in the future.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww, it looks like they had a great time. I am still so envious that you got to meet up with some awesome mamas! I hope we're able to meet up one day, whether it's here in Cali or there in Texas.

Nichole said...

That is so awesome! I am very jealous...but excited that you all got to finally meet up!

Lisa Renz Leeb said...

I can't wait till June !!!!!!!!!