Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm Gonna Keep On Walkin'



Photobucket

Just one of the many reasons why I am walking the Breast Cancer 3-Day and why I will be doing it again in 2010!!!!!!!
(so keep that in mind when I ask you for a donation around early summer LOL!!!!)

As I said in a previous post, we came across some funny sights and signs along the way to keep us motivated.  Not only did it get us energized, but it also distracted us from the pain we felt in our lower extremities!  :-)  As one fellow walker said - as well as a sign -

so that was enough to keep us moving!!!

Every few miles there were little signs posted along street poles with riddles about Cows.  My personal favorite: 
(sign 1) "What do you call a cow that just had a baby?" 
 (sign 2 a little farther down the path) "De-calf-inated!!!"  LOL!!!!!

We saw this group of ladies at the start of the walk and boy did it scare us a little. . Our soles and legs had yet to learn the heartache of what 60 miles in 3 days truly means. . .


It was rather fitting however that we saw her again on Day 3.  I love the humor these women had!!!  It was men and women like this who made each step manageable!  Without their spirit, humor and enthusiasm I don't think I would have made it.  They reminded me that it's vital to have a huge support system and some comedic relief nearby when you face heartache, like being diagnosed with Breast Cancer.


We also had numerous Pump It Up Vans that would cheer us on along the route blasting music from their vans.  Here are just a few of them:


My favorite:


Of course, with 2,900 people walking there WILL be various shirts seen.  Some were the generic Breast Cancer 3-day shirts but there were also some very creative ones.  Here are a few creative shirts that I saw along my journey:


Just one shirt out of thousands that had a trail of names she was honoring.  It's heartbreaking to visually see how many lives have been affected by Breast Cancer


These women had their cup sizes on the back of their shirts.
 As the saying goes, "Big and Small, Gotta Save them ALL!!!!"

For the men in my life, thought you'd get a kick out of these shirts!


There were also quite a few guys who dressed up to showed that "Real Men DO Wear Pink!!!":



This gentleman in particular has walked ALL of the Breast Cancer 3-Day's THIS YEAR.  Unfortunately I didn't get to hear his story but it shows the determination people have to do what it takes to make our future one without Breast Cancer!!! 

This man has such a huge heart and I can only imagine the shape his feet are in, but as the balloon's proclaim:


And of course I still have LOADS more to blog about for the 3-day.  I'll get to it . . . I PROMISE YOU THAT!!!    There's just so much to say and there was so much to see I'm still trying to catagorize it all LOL

3 comments:

Kristine said...

WAY to go girl!!

Nichole said...

That is the most awesome'est thing ever! I am so proud of you, mom and all the men, woman and dogs out there walking to save lives!

The Ziebarth Family said...

That is so awesome...thank you for sharing this with us! Tears were flowing after reading those shirts!