Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Snowing!!

I didn't believe the weathermen when they told us that there was a *possibility* of snow in our forcast.  Why?  Because they are always wrong and Texans don't get snow, we get ICE and plenty of it!  If it does snow it's only for a day - if that - and it usually doesnot arrive until January.  However, today it was indeed snowing! 

When I woke up at 7:45 and was opening up the miniblinds I noticed some flurries mixed in with the rain.  I quickly ran to Scott to tell him it was raining and snowing a bit.  He didn't believe me but after another 20 min the rain went away and it was full fledge snowing out!!  It wasn't sticking since the temperature was 34 degrees but hey - we'll take what we can get right?!?! 

I was extremely giddy!  Scott kept looking at me like I'd lost it and over our breakfast I was pointing out the snow to Austin.  He kept saying, "Wow!" and then "Mow" (aka: Snow)  :-)  During breakfast Scott and I decided that we were going to take Austin out just to play at bit in the snow even if it wasn't sticking to the ground.  I wanted him to at least experience it even if it was in the air only - and it's his first experience with snow - you can't keep him inside just because it wasn't gathering up on the ground!! 

So after breakfast we bundled him up and out we went.  He was a hoot smiling and going "Weeeeee!" while spinning.  It was cold and wet since we didn't have proper shoes but my little Rudolf was enjoying himself!



The longer we were out there the harder it was coming down.  I'm so glad Austin's jacket from last year still fit him so at least he was warm in his core.  After playing for about 30 min I asked if he wanted to go insde where he quickly shook his head and said, "NO"  LOL!!  I don't blame him it was fun!






Of course in typical Texas fashion it didn't last long, by the end of the hour it had stopped snowing and was back to raining.  By noon it was cloudy with sun peaking through the clouds!  The weathermen, who were right - shocking huh?! - are saying that it's suppose to be worse later on this week.  Guess we'll see!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

O.M.G!!! I love it! So glad that Mr. Austin could play in the snow... how exciting is that?!?!

Heather said...

Awwww, how fun!!! I love that you got all giddy over the snow. I think I would have been the same way. Looks like Austin had an absolute blast playing in the snow. The jacket is so cute. KEvin calls those "puffy man" jackets for whatever reason, lol. I wish it was snowing here, but that's NEVER gonna happen. Oh well, we have the mountains a few hours from our house. =)