Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Your Christmas Tree



 For a few months now I've been "blog stalking" Kelly's Korner and have never participated in the "Show Us Your Life" blogs. . . Until this week!!  This week she is asking everyone to share their Christmas trees.  Here is a picture of our Christmas tree:


We've had this 'stylish' tree for 7 years now all thanks to my Mother-in-law who used to work at a Christmas Store!!  I've always had a tree with random ornaments on it and so a tree this gorgeous feels so special and makes me feel like I'm in a model home everytime I walk by it!  It's a special tradition we know have with her that the day after Thanksgiving she comes over and helps us put it up and add the decorations.  Scott unloads all of the boxes from the attic while my Carolyn, my MIL, and I fluff the tree and then sort out all of the ornaments.  We then put on some Christmas music and go at it!  Except this year, with Austin very much mobile and active we had to put a Thomas the Train DVD in instead! 


We've also accumulated ornaments throughout the past few years that are special to Scott, Austin and I.  So this year we bought another tree that goes ontop of Austin's dresser.

We have only a few ornaments on there but it'll fill up over the years!! So far we have:
  - 10 ornaments - from my Aunt Melody and Uncle Brent - that are from a German Tradition that new couples are to have on their tree for Marital happiness.
  - 1 ornament from my Aunt Sandra and Uncle Mark that they bought the personalized with the year we got married. 
  - 1 Momma Bear Pregnant with a "Baby" t-shirt.
  - 1 Precious Moments "Baby's First Christmas 2008" ornament
  - 1 Elmo ornament for Austin this year
  - 1 ornament from a Sandbox Momma
  - 2 ornaments from a Secret Sandbox Baby ornament 2009 exchange from Arizona
  - 1 ornament from a Secret Sandbox Baby ornament 2008 exchange from Utah

I love Christmas and the joy that goes along with it!  I can't wait to share our traditions with our son throughout the years and to see Christmas through a child's eyes again!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

3 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

After Christmas, I'm hunting down one of those little trees to put in Katelyn's room next year. She has already been given some cute ornaments, but they don't 'go' with our family tree. I think the little tree is a great way to showcase all of those special ornaments.

Nichole said...

I love both of your trees! How exciting for Austin... he gets his own, in his bedroom!!! Lucky man :)

The Ziebarth Family said...

Beautiful tree!! It is like a model home tree- jealous!