Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Survey: Looking Back


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine posted this survey on HER blog and I thought it'd be fun to do a different type of blog post today. Thanks, Angela!




1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?


Oh Many things but the one thing that jumps out at me right now is: climbing Enchanted Rock on New Years Day 1/1/09  It was beautiful and I had a great time with family accomplishing that feat!




2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


I normally do not make New Year's resolutions because by March I tend to forget them.  LOL




3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


My nephew was born on November 2nd, 2009!!  Trevor Paul Lutz




4. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes :(  My Father-In-Law, Patrick passed away peacefully on December 13th, 2009 while Carolyn, Scott, my dad and I were at his bedside.  He underwent complications from his bone marrow transplant - contacted H1N1 and other respiratory issues that his immunocompromised body couldn't fight.  He will be missed!!!!  <3 you Papa B!!!




5. What places did you visit?


ugh :( we didn't go anywhere this year.  With Scott in school and Austin little no road/land trips were made.




6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?


I honestly did not lack much of anything in 2009. I am truly blessed with such an amazing family, and awesome friends.  --> gonna 'steal' this one Angela, I feel the same!




7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


Our Fredericksburg trip with Carolyn and Patrick for New Years, Austin's 1st birthday, his 1st birthday party, and 12/13/09






8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Walking and Participating in the 2009 Breast Cancer 3-day event (walked 60 miles in 3 days - although I was sick on day 2 I walked 40 miles in 2 days)




9. What was your biggest failure?


None! 




10. Did you suffer illness or injury?


No




11. What was the best thing you bought?


Nothing stands out at me for the "best thing" I bought




14. Where did most of your money go?


Any normal adult would say Bills and my child






15. What did you get really excited about?


Watching and being apart of all of Austin's developmental milestones!




16. What song will always remind you of 2009?


None really. I don’t associate songs with years. If it’s a good song, I’ll enjoy it, if not, move on.




17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


a) happier or sadder?
I would say happier, but I was happy last year too.




b) thinner or fatter?
pretty much the same.  I don't tend to gain or lose weight that much.  But I do need to tone more. . . hmmm a New Year's resolution maybe?  But this one I AM sticking with!


c) richer or poorer?
Bills are paid, food is on the table, we have a roof over our heads.  Our child is happy and we are happy so . . . Richer




18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Working out and 'smelling the roses'




19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


worrying, stressing






20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009?


At home with my loved ones around me. . . just the way it SHOULD be!






21. Did you fall in love in 2009?


Never fell out of it.




22. What was your favorite TV program?


Grey's Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Brothers&Sisters




23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009?


Went out for dinner. ;)




24. What was the best book you read?


Any and all books by Jodi Picoult!




25. What did you want and get?


I'm sure I did.  If I didn't, there is always something to look forward to then :)




26. What did you want and not get?


Refer to answer above.




27. What was your favorite film of this year?


The Blind Side




28. Did you make some new friends this year?


Yes!




29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


My year was very satisfied. God knew exactly how this year would turn out, with happiness, sadness, disappointments, etc. Each one a life lesson that has taught me things. --> again going to "steal" this from Angela.




30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?


Same as 2008.  Comfortable and casual.  If it's not comfortable to wear then I don't wear it!!




31. What kept you sane?


Scott, Austin (at times, other times he was the cause of me going crazy LOL) , and reading




33. What political issue stirred you the most?


Politics are going to happen regardless. I’m not into debating them.




35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:


That things are going to happen whether you plan for them to or not.  It's all about how you face that challenge.  You can dwell on it and loose yourself in what "should've happened" or you can step ahead and move forward and learn from it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwww, I love this survey!! What a great idea. I might just have to steal this one. I am so far behind on my blog postings, it'll probably be February by the time I get New Years and our Vegas trip posted. I love how positve and optimistic you are. ;)