Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Family Fun Friday at Cedar Ridge Preserve!

As I've mentioned before on Fridays Scott and I try to make that day special since it's the only day that both of us are off from either work or school.  Some days we chill at the house or do normal everyday errands but sometimes we make the most of it by going somewhere all day for a family fun event.  This week we decided that the Cedar Ridge Preserve would be the best place to go!!  Scott and I have been there countless times but we've never taken Austin.  It was such a blast.  We arrived around 9:45 and began on a 1.5 mile trail.  We weren't sure what Austin would do - if he would get tired easily or be too distracted/uncontrollable - but he surpassed all our expectations!!!!!!  We were blown away by his ability to "keep up" with us.  Although we stopped around 12 for lunch we walked for over 4 hours and walked over 3.5-4 miles!  Towards the end would he stop and come to me, raise his arms and say, "Ugh" like man I'm beat!  (He can say Up but I guess when you are tired it goes by the wayside LOL!)  After being held for a min or two, he'd want down to walk on his own.  He impressed us and now Scott and I can't wait to go again.  We had such a great time being outside, in the nature, as a family.  I'm so thankful to have these Family Fun Fridays and to have a place like this to go to!



No comments: