Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rockin' to the beat!

After a friend from high school mentioned on her blog about free concerts in Arlington for kids I was pumped.  See it just goes to show you how important blog-stalking really is LOL!!  If I didn't blog stalk, I would have never reaquainted myself with her nor would I have found out about this.  So everyone continue your blog stalking - you just never know what you'll learn :-)

Anyways, today Austin and I joined her family and neice at the pavillion for some great music. We left our house early and met up with them around 9:30 for a great spot even though it didn't start until 10:30.  I love people who are as early to things as I am because she was already there claiming a perfect place for us and laying down the blanket to share.  Since we did get there early we chatted and watched the kids play, or in Austin's case either hide underneath the canopy of the stroller or test his boundries and attempt to wander!  


The concert today was a duo who took the funniest stories and put them to music.  Trout Fishing in Ameria was the name of this duo and they were great with kids and were very interactive with the audience.  A few times my music lover strummed along to the beat with his own 'air guitar' while the music played.

Playing his "air guitar"



I love that Austin is into music and Scott and I try to foster that as best we can.  Right now we go to as many musical events as possible.  Overall, we had a great time and I can't wait to go to next weeks concert.  Next week is Mammoth Follies and I just know Austin will love that.  After all the boy loves his DinoRawrs!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

How fun! Love the air guitar.