Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jump, Jump Away!!

Yesterday Austin and I went to Nonna & Poppa's pool for some summertime fun.  Like I mentioned in other posts, I'm trying to get Austin in the water more frequently since he was leary about it the beginning of the summer.  After being in my parents pool at least 1 time a week - I can now say he LOVES IT!!

Yesterday we went in before nap for about 1 1/2 hrs and then also after dinner before heading home.  My lil fishy didn't ever want to get out LOL 

He spent a majority of the day sunbathing with Nonna.  Apparently he's just like Nonna's Daddy - his Great-Grandpa - who loves sunbathing as well!
He Loves his Nonna

Here he is sunbathing again, but this time it was after we had dinner - hence the costume change.  The little fishy wanted to go into the pool again and it DID look awfully inviting! 
He's getting better at not clinging to me and becoming more confident in the pool.   He's made great strides at his awareness of the pool and knowing where to get in as well as what locations he can jump from.  Before he wouldn't even consider this float and would yell, "I fall!" everytime but now he's confident enough to be in it and have me step back to take pictures :-)
Here he's again sunbathing. You can't tell but his eyes are even closed! ha!

When he wasn't sunbathing Austin was Jumping, Jumping, Jumping!  He was enjoying standing on the edge and jumping into Nonna or my arms.  Normally he'd stand on the edge then just lean into a fall into our arms, but I was teaching him to actually JUMP off the ledge.  It was hilarious - he'd jump then step off.  Silly Boy.  After a while he'd even get daring and stand on the ledge sideways and do a little song and dance then jump while twisting off of the ledge into our arms!  IMPRESSIVE coming from a boy who screamed bloody murder on Memorial Day and hated every second of the pool.  Read about the experience of why HERE 


<3 My Lil Man and Me <3

Hahaha!  Having tube issues!  He looks so tall here but he's not - I guess it's just because he's so skinny.  At his 21 month appointment he was 34 inches so God only knows what he is now. . . We don't go back until he's 3. 

LOVE HIM!!
Tomorrow the whole family is heading out to the pool.  Check back tomorrow for pictures!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is awesome that he is so comfortable in the pool! Peyton clings to me for dear life!