Friday, June 4, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

His first tub bath

Austin has always been a water lover.  From his very first bath Austin's loved water and being in it.  Never has he feared it. . . that is unless it's splashing him in the eye.  Then he runs the other direction.  Last summer he loved playing in Nonna & Poppa's pool but pretty much stayed in the baby float. 


Any chance we could get we'd take him to the nearest Kiddie Play Pool, go to my parents or even blow up the kid pool in our backyard.  I couldn't wait to get him in the pool now that he's older.  However, after an accidental trip under water in my parents pool he's officially against theirs! 

I'm sure you're wondering what?!?!  So here is what happened:  No, he didn't "fall in" perse.  My parents have a bench that's on the same depth as the second step.  My mom and Austin were dipping their toes in last week and Austin was walking back and forth on the bench.  He kept on pointing to the deep end but my mom told him that he couldn't go down there.  After about 20 min of Austin walking back n' forth he turned, looked at her with this devilish grin then leaned forward and fell further in the water.  Yes, he did go under but only for a few seconds.  He didn't act upset just crying out, "Eyeball!"  (he hates having his eyeballs wet LOL)  Once she wiped the water away from his eyeballs life was good again. . . . or so we thought until Memorial Day.  He screamed bloody murder when we tried to get him in the pool.  Guess we're going to have to slowly reintroduce it and learn not to fear it.

Last week we purchased a bigger kiddie pool for our backyard.  Yesterday since it was such a nice day, Austin and I went swimming (well sort of LOL!)  Here are some pictures of the great time we had.  He had a blast sliding down his slide into the water and I had a blast watching him squeel with delight. 



We obviously had a great time.  Once I figure out how to post a video -- help anyone?!?! YouTube hates me so I need another method - I'll post one.  So cute, I just have to share


2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Oh, he sure did have a blast! I hadn't thought of putting K's slide in her little pool. She would love that, too.
You can only post video on the old editor. From your Dashboard, click on Settings, then choose Old Editor under the Global Settings section at the bottom. The video button is next to the image button.

Nichole said...

Looks like a fun time... and beautiful day!