Thursday, August 26, 2010

We need an Intervention!!

See this!?  See all of the cars in this picture - well that's what our house looks like on any given day!  We are getting overrun with CARS memorabilia!  Austin owns at least 44 CARS cars and can name every.single.one!  (Man, there are already a lot of "!!" LOL sorry)  Austin even knows if one of his precious, most treasured CARS has gone missing.  He will hunt and search for it until the missing character is accounted for.  LOL 

It all started in September 2009 when when he was sick. So sick that all he wanted to do was lie on the couch and not move.  Poor guy!  So to cheer him up - and me! - I popped in the CARS movie for him to watch for the 1st time.  Who wouldn've ever thought that THAT ONE MOMENT would change our lives forever?!?!  HAHAHA  not me that's for sure. 
(Yes we also watched a Sid: The Science Kid also)

Since then Austin has been Obsessed with the movie, its characters and anything else pertaining to CARS.  Don't get me wrong - I love that Austin loves his cars and the characters.  I love the movie and it's story and what it's telling, but when my son can repeat the movie AND sing the songs word for word that's when you know you have a problem!!  LOL  Austin will ask to watch the movie at least once a day every day.  He'll even insist that some (or ALL!) of the cars come with him to various events.  My family and I happily bring his cars with us since we know that's what keeps him happy *and quiet*


Tow Mater joining him after we converted his bed into a daybed

Just 2 of the CARS cars that came with us to the Memorial Day Ceremony at the DFW Nat'l Cemetery (Red Car - aka Lightening McQueen - and Hippy Car - aka Filmore)

They even went with us to OKLAHOMA!! 
(at the SBB meetup that I talked about HERE )
Some of the CARS cars napping with Austin in OKC

Sheriff, Hippy Car, and Blue car under a tent with Austin

Watching CARS with his cars while eating breakfast one morning.  He thinks watching it on this TV with the headphones is "Awesome!"


Remember, I DID say he was obsessed . . . need further proof.  Keep scrolling  LOL



Joined us for a SBB playdate that I mentioned HERE

Austin even swings with his cars LOL  Notice "Red Car" on his lap!

Summertime fun with some of the cars.  Red Car sitting next to him is chilling while Austin eats!

I've even resorted to putting CARS on my iphone so that I can have a moment of silence without it being on the main TV.

The CARS cars and of course the movie (via the iphone) tagged along to the Rangers Baseball Game!

Austin introduced Flo to the water sprinkler LOL. . . . . . . .
. . . . and even brought her along to yell at the sprinklers for getting his face wet!

Some of the cars were even introduced to friends in Germany!!!! (thanks to Skype)


He fell in love with this movie September 2009 which means in a years time we've watched the movie more than 410 times, can sing at least 4 songs word for word, and can identify 43 characters by name and depending on the character can tell you what they are known for saying (ie: Sheriff says, "Not in MY town").  I wonder what the next year will have in store for us!


1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

Oh, this post cracked me up! Isn't it interesting how kids get so engrossed in something in such a short amount of time?