Thursday, August 5, 2010

We're Just a Bunch of City Slickers

Remember this movie?
That's EXACTLY what Scott and I did for his 30th Birthday! Well. . .  we didn't go away and actually drive cattle for a week, but we did go to Beaumont Ranch Friday late morning - Saturday afternoon for some cattle drivin' fun plus some other amazing things.  I wanted his birthday this year to be special.  Every birthday is a monumental milestone but turning 30 (or 40, 50,  ect) requires something with more pizazz.  So after talking to my mom who talked to a friend of mine (following me here ?!  LOL) I found out about this dude ranch called Beaumont Ranch where you can do pretty much anything.  They had a blast and so afer making reservations I couldn't wait.  Well we had such a great time - It was such a blast!  I can't put into words how much fun Scott and I had.  I've been delaying writing this blog because I wanted to express just how awesome of a time we had but I can't. . . it's one of those things where pictures are more than a 1,000 words!  So enjoy. . .

Checking out the sights of the Ranch prior to us ziplining that evening.

THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!
Our hotel room - we're at the top of the green building
We had that whole balcony! Wonderful views
Leading up to our place the second you open the door
Being goofy
The pictures we took while we zip-lined.  If you've never experienced zip lining it's def. a must do thing!  We had such a wonderful time and was sad to see it end after zipping for almost 2 hours. It was just Scott and I plus another couple and their friend (of course the 2 guides as well) so it was very small and intimate.  I just wish I would have been able to jump in line to get pictures of Scott as well. . .
Getting Prepped
Prior to Scott and I going down the 1500 foot zipline.  What a beautiful picture. 
This is by far one of my favorite pictures taken on this trip
me going down the 1500 foot zipline

After the ziplining Scott and I headed back to our place to change and then walked over to the building where they had the Friday night Fish Fry.  They also has a country music band and other activities (ie: mechanical bull-riding, shuffleboard, pooltables, ect)
View from our balcony
BREATHTAKING!!!
This is the walk from our place to the building
Yea, don't ask LOL
Mechanical Bull Riding

The next morning Scott and I woke up bright and early after the 6:29am phone call from his mom which he gets every July 31st.  Darn it Scott if you couldn't have waited to be born until later in the day we all could get some sleep HAHA!  So after our wake-up call we got ready to head back over to the food building for a big cowboy style breakfast.

Heading out to do some cattle drivin'!!!!
me, Scott and Raul (our guide) cattle drivin' 60 cattle to point A to point B to feed off of the land evenly


Our work is done!
It was such a blast working our tails off for 2 hours getting those cattle to move. 
Who knew we'd be happy to pay them to do work LOL!!  We'd do it again in a heartbeat! 

That barely skims the surface of the fun we had.  I can't believe that we only live 25 minutes away!  Scott and I we already planning our next day trip as we were driving back home LOL  Can't wait!  Here are more pictures of Scott and I together.  He's so good at taking them, if I did it I'd have taken a picture of the sky with a little peice of flesh somewhere LOL

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!!! 
 I love you and can't wait to spend many more birthdays together with you by my side XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Brooklynn said...

seems so fun! Dave would love that!

Nichole said...

That looks so fun and AMAZING!!!