Monday, September 20, 2010

I wanna drive!

Last Thursday my moms group went on a 'playdate' to visit the Mansfield Firestation.  Last year when the group went Austin wasn't into it.  He loved seeing the firestrucks but didn't want to get IN one.  HAHAHA  What a difference a year makes!  This year Austin was 2 1/2 so of course he loves his firetrucks even more and loves being in the front seat of any vehicle therefore you couldn't get the boy OUT!

He Loved riding/sitting in the Ambulance.  His response, "So cool!"
Teaching the boy patience!  He already had a turn and wanted to get in again. 
 
This picture was Austin trying to get down to explore but was captured just right.  Silly momma wanted a picture with Lil Man.

I wanna ride this one!!  He was determined to get up there himself - Mr. Independent!

"I do it" was his response when I asked if he needed help.  LOL
This is my fav. picture. 

He was SO happy and on cloud 9 once he got in the driver seat.  I see a future fireman on my hands!  He literally would've been happy to sit in there all day long.  He kept saying "I drive!  I wanna drive!" when telling him it was time to get out and give someone else a turn.  Sadly, had to pry the boy away from his dream of being a 2 1/2 year old Firetruck Driver.  Shattered Dreams!

Exploring the inside of the Firetruck
 
The firemen were so sweet and patient with the kids!  I wish I could do more than just bring cookies on the meetup as a way of saying "thank you"  Not sure what?  Any ideas?  I'd love to hear your thoughts as I'm sure we'll be going again next year!
More exploring
"What?!  You mean I need to get down?" 
 HAHAHA!  No, the fireman wasn't wanting Austin to get down.  He was just being kind and asking if Austin was ready to get out since Lil Man started walking his way.  BOY what a look Austin gave!!  No he wasn't done  LOL

Future Fireman!

Cheesin' for the camera.  So cool with his shades on.  I swear his alter ego comes out when I give him his shades! 

The coolest part, in the moms opinion, was the end.  We were told at the beginning just in case the bells went off we needed to take the kids and step to the side so that the firemen could do their job and head out.  We were told that last year but nothing ever happened.  THIS YEAR. . . oh yea it did!  It was so cool!  The bells went off and one of the firemen patiently asked us to grab the kids out of the truck.  I grabbed Austin and another little boy and held them on my hips until we were out of the way.  Thank goodness for workouts!  Anyways, as the kids were screaming and getting upset that the firemen and trucks/ambulance were leaving, the moms were amazed and loved watching them in action.  That was by far the coolest part!  I wish I had it on video or at least gotten pictures of it but I was too busy holding back Austin who was upset that the firetruck was leaving.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So CUTE!! :)

Kristine said...

Girl...when we get a second car..I'd LOVE to join your play date group!!