Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Howdy Folks!


On Sunday, after I found out I was cancelled at work due to low census, Scott, Carolyn and I decided to make that day our Fair Day instead of waiting until the 11th to go.  We arrived at 10am to greet a MASS of people already inside the gates - doesn't help that it was Texas/OU weekend! 
(Austin wants to go to the 'wheel' aka Texas Star)

After we purchased tickets . . .
"one, two"
. . .we headed over towards the Fun FUN slide since we were already near the midway. We always, and I mean ALWAYS, go to Fletcher's first thing for a corndog and then look at cars but we decided to break it up a bit and do the slide first. On the way to the slide, we went through the KidZone so Austin and I went on his first rollercoaster. It looked simple enough - one big oval and then a small circle to ride on and that's it. . . or so we thought. Little did we know that you do it 4 times!! Austin was fine on the rollercoater until we'd get to the tight circle, where it was super jerky. When we'd get to that part, Austin would cry out, "ALL DONE! ALL DONE!" Poor kid. When it was finally over he was ready to get out but he never shed a tear, so overall it was a success. I mean I can't blame the kid, I was 'all done' when it got to that point too! LOL



After the ride we headed over to the slide and Austin loved it.  Carolyn, Austin and I went on the slide with Austin on my lap.  I'm so glad he's over 35 in so that he can sit on our laps for rides.  Apparently you have to be 42 in or taller to go by yourself but that won't be till next year. . . maybe?  His face was apparently in a frozen look of fear but the second we finished he stood up and started clapping LOL  Then afterwards kept talking about the slide. . . "Went Weeeeee" "go fast" "big slide" ect.  So cute so later on Scott and I took him again this time on Daddy's lap.
The infamous slide! 

What would the fair be without fried ____?!?!  This is what we had:
  • Fried Snickers (Carolyn's favorite!)
  • Fried Peanut Butter Cup (Scott said it was yummy)
  • Fried Oreos (Austin and my favorite)
  • Fried Moon Pie (very disappointing!)
  • Fried Honeybun (apparently very very very good, I didn't try it)
We are going to go back on the 11th, so I want to try the Fried Smores! 

What's the other thing that reminds you of the State Fair of Texas besides Fletchers' Corn Dogs and fried food?!  CARS!! 

Scott showing Austin the real life "Snot Rod" (a character on the movie CARS
"Can I have this?" 

After the cars, we checked out all the pavillions with all their stuff to display.  There were so many things to see that with all the crowds we're thankful to be going back.  There was no way we could have done all the things we wanted while dealing with the lines and madness that was Texas/OU weekend!  We did stop by the sandpit for Austin to play in.  Silly boy wanted nothing to do with it.  Would only touch it with his hands until I threatened him that we were going to leave to see the other pavillions if he wasn't going to play.  That made him get a move on! 


 He walked the perimeter. . .

"I did it!"  LOL
then climbed up to the top. . .
 Then played for a while.  When it was time to go, he wouldn't come down!


Overall it was a great day at the fair.  The weather was absolutely PERFECT - high 70's - so it balanced out that there were so many people.  Here is a picture I took while at the top of the slide looking onto the KidZone/Midway.  

Stay tuned for more pictures and another blog post about our Great State Fair 2010, Part II.  Coming soon to a computer nearest you!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

I love the description of Austin's first rollercoaster ride!
We're going to the Fair tomorrow. I'm so excited that K will actually have a clue as to what is going on this year. She has already been talking about seeing all the 'amals'.