Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gaylord's ICE!: Charlie Brown style

To start the holiday break off right, Carolyn, Scott, Austin and I loaded up after Scott's classes and headed north to the Gaylord Resort.  Every year they hold an Ice exhibit that isn't just any ole "ice exhibit"  This place holds 2 million pounds of ice and is carved to the detail!  This was the first year we've gone and it was AHHHmazing! 


Gearing up! 
Such detail 
Everything here is Ice, but Linus' blanket - WOW 
Inside it was 7-9 degrees!  brrrrrr 

After the ICE! exhibit and lunch, we headed over to go on an Elf Adventure!  I was leary at first and didn't want to go since the sign said that there was optical illusions and possible chances of dizziness.  I get dizzy easily and the optical illusions make me nauseous but they made me go LOL  Glad I did - it was only a small part of it and I'm glad that went, Austin had a great time!
Putting the gumdrops and chocolate chips back on the conveyer belt for the Elfs' to make cookies
Watching REAL cookies bake (although the oven was fake) 
Said, "Hi Charlie Brown!"  Because of the ICE! exhibit my son now knows who C.B. is :-) 

Our start of the holiday season was a success.  Do you know how we know this?  Just take a look at this picture and see for yourself!
ONE TIRED BOY!

1 comment:

Brooklynn said...

I want to go to see the Ice Exhibit so bad! We've never been! Looks like a ton of fun!