Thursday, February 10, 2011

COUNTDOWN!

A while ago, I decided that it was time my lil family and I head west to visit my family that's out in California.  I have 2 Aunts/Uncles on my mom's side & 2 Aunts on my dad's side, plus my Nana and countless cousins that I haven't seen in over 15 years!  My Nana has never met my husband nor has she met Austin.  I haven't seen my cousins children (my first cousins once removed) since the oldest was a baby and she's now a beautiful teenager, so I can't wait. 

We decided Spring Break was the best time to go with Scott's schooling so that's only about 4 1/2 weeks away.  We have a solid week packed in the 3 full days and 2 1/2 days were are there!

Monday: flying in afternoon (cheapest tix) and landing around 4
Tuesday: Visit with the Lutz family during the day and dinner with friends at night
Wednesday: ALL DAY DISNEY
Thursday: Visit with the Alsman family during the day
Friday: Shopping, visit??  all before our 1:50pm flight

It's jam packed and busy but that's the main reason we're going.  Not to relax and sit - although it WOULD BE NICE - but to visit the family I/we haven't seen in years, or in some cases ever! 

Austin keeps asking when we are going on an airplane (he loves driving through the airport and seeing all the planes) and when are we seeing Mickey, Donald or Goofy?  So instead of telling him the answers to all his questions I decided to make a chain countdown.  That much easier.  Take one off every morning and when there are no more left it's time to FLY!

Austin enjoyed coloring the chains and watching the chain loops grow as he finished coloring them.  I can't wait to see it countdown.  33 days left!
being goofy 
Drawing circles 
His finished product! 

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

What a great idea! I love that last picture of Austin and his chain.
Jer has family in Cali, too. We're hoping to be able to see them next summer.