Friday, February 11, 2011

Cha-Cha-Changes

LOTS of Cha-Cha-Changes are taking place within the next month:

Scott:
He's in his last semester before starting the 2-year Education Program at Texas A&M Commerce.  His schedule this semester is jammed packed full of classes - tough ones too, like Trigonometry, but I'm pretty sure he'll ace it like he's done all his other classes! Luckily for us all he seems to have a pretty great set of professors.  Luckily for everyone, his Trig professor is willing to help anyone and is always avaliable for questions/concerns!  Rare find lately :-/

Me:
I'm transferring to a new hospital: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas to work NIGHTS in their Neonatal ICU.  The next few weeks will be rough going back and forth between my current hospital and working my Dayshift weekend plan and then going to Presby to do Hospital orientation and then be with a preceptor for 4 shifts (2 days; 2 nights)  I 'officially' start Full-time nights there March 28th although I'll be starting to work FT there on March 21st.  I'm going to a new hospital and starting to work nights so it's nerve-wracking and makes me anxious.  I hate change and the unknown, but I think this is the cosmic universe getting 'back at me' for never having to work a night shift ever.  I've been a nurse for a little over 5 years so I guess my times up LOL!

Austin:
 He started a new 'school' this past monday at Cobblestone Learning Center.  It's a Learning Center/Preschool that has "Daycare hours" (ie: open: 6:15a-6P) although he'll only go from 7:30 till around 3 on his days.  He will be going M, W, F and since this Wed was yet another ice day he's only been once.  Scott took him again this morning (Fri) so hopefully it continues to be a seemless transition.  Monday was a great day for him and he seemed to enjoy it there!  Definately makes this a lot easier on his momma and her nerves HAHA!

Please, pray for us all as we transition and pray that our transition is as seamless as possible.  I figure if we can get through these next 5-6 weeks we'll be good!

No comments: