Monday, November 2, 2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day is quickly approaching



FOUR MORE DAYS TILL THE
DALLAS/FORT WORTH
BREAST CANCER 3-DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom and I are eagerly awaiting for Friday to get here and start walking!  We have already started packing as we are told that we need to bring clothes for 3 full walking days, 2 evenings, 2 nights, tolietries and any personal items as well as any and all PINK stuff you own.  In addition to all that we need to pack our own pillow and suitcase (they provide the pink tent) and it must fit inside your bag that must'n't weigh any more than 35 lbs YEA RIGHT!!!

It's going to be rough on me being away from Scott and Austin for 3 full days and nights but at least my mind will be in constant distraction! Scott knows why I'm walking and that I'll be coming back but I've never been away from Austin that long.  It does comfort me that Austin will at least be with Scott (aka Dada) but how do you explain to a 20 month old that you won't be able to see him for 3 full days?!  :-(  At least there will be a sweet reunion on Sunday at the Closing Ceramonies!!

I can't wait to do this walk.  This is something that mom and I have always wanted to do but it was on our "one day" catogory of things we want to do.  Well thankfuly a group of church ladies got to gether and formed a team - Creekside Cares - and we joined in!!  Otherwise, God only knows when that "one day" would've been!

I have been fundraising since April and have started training since May and it's been a long road.  With the generous people in my life, I have raised MORE than what I must have in order to participate in the 3-day walk which is $2,300.00 -- I have raised $2,534.50!!  I'm blown away at the response I got.  I wasn't worried about training as my motto was, "One step (or mile) at a time" but the money that we must raise frightened me.  But silly me to worry about that when I have loads of family and friends supporting me every step of the way!!!!!!  I have also walked more than 370 miles since I started my training in May.  Unfortunately I haven't walked as much as I had planned but with the enthusiasm that I know goes on at these walks I no doubt can make it!  I can't wait till sometime next week when I blog about it so stay tuned!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and sole (pun intended) to my donators/supporters:

  • Danielle Alexander


  • Margaret Anglin


  • Dave & Janine Barber


  • Uncle Brent & Aunt Melody


  • Momma (Carolyn) & Poppa (Patrick) Bradshaw


  • Creekside Church of Christ Members & Guests


  • Jennifer Earp


  • Angela Evans


  • Terry & Lora Graham


  • Jennifer Guerrero


  • Shelly Hamilton


  • Kevin, Heather and Dakota Keyworth (Hampton)


  • Todd and Loretta Heywood


  • Marinda Jelinek


  • Michele Kaushan


  • Dr. Alan and Roxanna Klein


  • Dr. Harold Kolni


  • Lisa Leeb


  • Aunt Dora


  • Grandma Jean


  • Nicole Macfarlane


  • Brook McMillan


  • Yvette Mojarro


  • Katie Morris


  • Paul, Christina, and Jackson Lykke


  • Emily Niemczyk


  • Loresa Purden


  • Beth Rachuig


  • Jeff and Vicki Scott


  • Jon and Pat Waldrop


  • Joanne Wilson


  • Joe and Kim Ylda

Why I am walking. . .
I'm walking in MEMORY OF:

  • My great Grandma, Goldie Thompson


  • My Grandma, Anita Alsma


  • Joanne Wilson's Aunt, Margaret DeMille

I'm walking in SUPPORT OF:

  • My Mom and fellow walking partner, Margo Lutz


  • Nicole Macfarlane's friend, DeDrie Sauter


  • Loresa Purden's Brother-in-law's cousin, Rhonda Mieldon


  • My co-worker, Chris Schroeder

I'm walking in CELEBRATION OF:

  • My Aunt Cathy


  • Kim Ylda's Aunt, Dorothy Huffstutler


  • My co-worker, Chris Wise


  • Margaret Anglin's friend, Denise Dooley

2 comments:

Heather said...

I know I always say this, but I am so proud of you. You really are an inspiration to all women, and I thank you for doing what you do to support and raise money for such an important cause!!

Good luck with that whole 35lb weight limit. I can't even make the 50 lb weight limit for the airlines. LOL

Rachel Moss said...

Alyssa is getting really excited, too! She started packing yesterday.