Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baseball & the Circus

On Sunday, my parents took Austin and Trista to the circus.  This was the Ringling Brother's Barnum200 tour and I know the kids were excited to go, and I'm sure the Grandparents were too! 

We met up with my mom before church so that she could pick up Austin.  He knew he was going to the circus, but all he cared about at that moment was where Trista was.  I love that he adores his cousin.  It's Trista this and Trista that.  So cute. . .  I don't know much about what happened at the circus besides there being elephants that squirt water (thanks to a reenactment by Austin) and dragons (thanks to Trista when asked what she saw.) as well as Lions, Tigers and acrobats.  So here are a few pictures of their time with their grandparents.  Thank you, Poppa & Nonna for taking Austin to the circus.  He LOVES his sword and is just like Nonna, his favorite animal is the Elephant!



****  My parents actually have the circus pictures on their camera.  I'll get them and post on Tuesday :-)

Since Austin was going to be with my parents, we decided to make it a date night!  Low and behold I saw that a friend was opening up a "bid" on 2 lower level Rangers game tickets + parking pass for that same night on her facebook page. They claimed that they were "heat wusses" and didn't want to go so that whoever wanted to bid (money would go towards her Susan G. Komen 3day fundraising) then they'd get it.  We bid and WON!!!  Scott and I were pumped.  Never before have we sat in that section and we probably won't ever.  It was awesome seats and I wish that they could be "heat wusses" every week.  We were able to see all the players as well as hear the sound of the ball entering the glove(s).  It was great!  It was a tad depressing though that we were in these fabulous seats and loosing 0-3, but it turned around in the 8th inning.  We scored 5 runs in that inning to make us win 5-3!!  WHOOOT WHOOOOT! 
Our seats! 
Josh Hamilton! 

We enjoyed our date night and just able to relax and be with each other without having to have a child around.  It's so nice to have those every once in a while.  It was apparent that we loved having Nonna & Poppa watch Austin because the next day we didnt' wake up until 10AM!  CrAzY  I can't tell you the last time we slept in that late.  Thank you, Mom & Dad!  XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments: